Friday, March 19, 2010

The Missing Theatricals of Hogwarts

It's been a pet peeve of mine for awhile... where are all the artists at Hogwarts? Other than mention of a few musical groups, and the fact that Dean likes to draw and Luna paints, we see almost no mention of any artistic tendancies amongst the young witches and wizards.

Today, however, I finally got around to reading "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" and found to my delight that there is actually a "Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts" and the absance of theatrical performances at Hogwarts is entirely due to a disasterous production that occured when Professor Dumbledore was young.

Thank you, Jo Rowlings! My faith in you is restored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elena!

I just thought I'd let you know that I've started a new blog, "For Goodness' Sake!" if you're interested in dropping by. It's quite new, so there's not a lot on it yet, but I thought I'd let you know. The address is:

www.admaj.blogspot.com

Pax Christi,
AutumnRose