Friday, October 14, 2011

New Avenger Trailer Analysis and Transcript

I could hardly call myself a geek if I didn't comment on the new Avengers trailer, now could I?

I'll admit, I haven't been terribly enthused about the movie because I wasn't too keen on the line-up, particularly in the girl department. I mean, of course I was delighted that Joss Whedon was directing, but still...

Anyhow, the new trailer has gotten me very excited about the movie. It looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, but with some really good character development. And Whedon is a brilliant, brilliant man when it comes to ensemble cast characterization.

I'm glad they're keeping the team fairly small, although I'm still a little ticked that we've seen five guys on the team (plus Nick Fury) but only one girl. And I like Black Widow just fine, but I would rather have seen a more traditional Avenger woman -- Wasp, Scarlet Witch, or even Ms. Marvel.

I also feel that the trailer focuses a little too much on Tony Stark, and I'm really hoping he doesn't dominate everything the way Wolverine dominated X-Men. However I know he's their strongest property right now so from a marketing standpoint it makes sense. I just hope we can see more from the others in future trailers.

Anyhow, it looks like it is going to be an epic and fun movie and I'm looking forwards to next summer!

My friend Matt was awesome and typed up a transcript of the trailer for me! I'm going to post it below in case any other hearing impaired viewers need it. :) (We're a little uncertain about the identity of a few of the offscreen speakers. Please let us know if you can identify any of them!)

Loki: "You were made . . . to be ruled."
"In the end, it will be every man for himself."
[Stuff blows up]
[random helicopter]
"What do we do?"
Fury: "We get ready."
[Logos]

Fury: "There was an idea . . . to bring together a group of remarkable people. So when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could."

[Iron Man flies through the city.]

Fury: "Gentlemen . . ."
Fury: "What are you prepared to do?"

Stark: "No offence, but I don't play well with others."
Cap: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, what are you?"
Stark: "Uh . . . genius billionaire playboy philanthropist."

Thor: [laughs]

[stuff blows up, people punch things, Black Widow poses for the male audience]

Stark: "If we can't protect the Earth . . . you can be damned sure we'll avenge it."

[Iron Man flies out of the water and into the city]

[Avengers title]

Stark: "Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled, and I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage-monster."

[Banner loses control and turns into an enormous green rage-monster]

Banner: ". . . thanks."

1 comment:

Andy Hauge said...

Well, let's see...

"In the end...it will be every man for himself," actually sounds like two different lines spliced together.

"What do we do?" is probably Agent Coulson.

That's my best guessing.