Friday, January 3, 2014

Too many feelings to catalog them all.

Packing up my life, ready to start another... it's a time of a lot of emotions. Half my books are at my parents house, half at the new apartment. My sewing stuff is migrating over. This weekend my big furniture goes. Soon it'll just be the bed and dresser I'm leaving behind for now... and then I'll be gone too. I've moved before, but this is very different on many, many levels.

So I'm nostalgic.

Moving into a new place. Decorating it to my taste. Setting up the china hutch my fiance redid for me. Laying out my kitchen, decorating my bathroom, organizing my new sewing room, preparing the new bedroom (first time sharing with anyone since College - !!!)... ready to be married and be able to stay and not have to leave before bed every night...

So I'm excited.

Planning. Moving. Answering questions. Keeping lists. Communicating as much as I can. Not getting distracted. Getting distracted and then making up lost time. Not feeling well. Feeling well, working hard, exhausted, falling down in my chair to recuperate, before starting it all again... Often I'm overwhelmed, but I just keep plodding onwards. Just two more weeks and the worst of the crazy will be over and the best of the new adventure beginning.

So I'm like every new bride, experiencing this life change.


3 comments:

Andy Hauge said...

ALL THE FEELS! :D

Rachael said...

Hi,
I'm Rachael from Australia. I've been regularly checking your blog for about three years but only just subscribed. I just wanted to wish you all the very best for your big day. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you :)
God Bless

Elora said...

What a big change. I remember how it was for my best friend Rebecca. And for her mother. What a time in our lives! (Not that I'm there yet, personally...).

I'm wishing you all the happiness in the world. God bless!