Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Realization...

I realized something tonight.

I don't want to write action adventure stories. At least...that's not what I want the focus of my novels to be, although it must appear in some form.

I want to write romance. Not fluffy romance, but deep true romance that shows what love truly is. And I think I can write it.

Maybe.

The hitch is, I don't want to write ordinary romance. It has to take place in some shade of the universe that is not normal. I've come to discover that while the characters themselves must be most important, the world that they dwell in must also be uniquely mine, a place which I can explore and invent in. Not one that takes over the story, but enriches it.

I don't know if I've discovered that place yet. But I think I understand what I'm waiting for.

See, fanfiction is useful.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hmm...I wonder how this realization came about... :-) Love you!

MJ said...

This must be referring to that fanfic you are writing. I can't wait to be able to hear more about it.