Tuesday, June 14, 2016

It Takes a Village to Edit a Book

Writing is a solitary profession... to an extent. As I get into the final editing stages of "The Mermaid and the Unicorn" I find myself overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people over the course of this project. Not just my friends and family (some of whom have read parts or the entire manuscript multiple times), but also friends of friends and complete strangers who have lent me their expertise to read and critique various areas of the book. They have all given generously, with no thought of gain or glory, and I am humbled and encouraged by this. I will never be able to thank any of them enough, although I have done my best to keep track of all the names and include them in the acknowledgements.

To those of you who know I'm speaking of you... THANK YOU!

To everyone else - know that if you ever give your time to me or another author, we don't (or at least, shouldn't!) take a moment of it for granted, and your help is a tremendous boost of confidence and encouragement.

No comments: