Monday, October 12, 2009

Team Jacob?

I've been rereading the Twilight books in preparation for November 20th...and because being sick, I don't want to read anything too heavy.

What I was able to concretely realize this time was that part of my inability to fall in love with Edward Cullen comes from the fact that I have never been able to really emotionally connect with the love story between Edward and Bella. Instead, all of my 'tears' (so to speak) come out when Jacob is pleading with Bella to love him - to give him a chance. I've never been either Team Jacob or Team Edward, but it's worth noting that if I were in Bella's position, I think there is a good chance I would have gone with Jacob.

Not that this really matters a whole lot to the world at large, just wanted to share what was passing through my brain last night. I'm still sick so I really don't have much of a chance to get out and do things.

No comments: