Friday, April 2, 2010

A bend in the road...

First time eating a Passover Seder.

First time attending a Catholic Good Friday service.

First time watching "The Passion of the Christ."

First time swimming in the pond at Shirefeld.

First time registaring to be a vendor at a conferance.

First time getting ready to spend Easter away from home...



Lots of firsts this week, some big, some not so big. Lots of lasts coming up too... I leave Shirefeld and the Black Cat Inn next week to head back west. It's a weird transition period. I have so many people I've become good friends with here, and I'm very much attached to the family...

...but...

Home calls. My heart is irrevocably settled there. Family. Friends. Dreams. I have so many plans and I can hardly wait to get home to start them!

...but...

I'm still living here. I still have responsibilities to carry out, and goodbyes to see through. How I'm going to manage to say goodbye to the kids, I don't know.

And going home will be a new adjustment of it's own.

A new adventure...

The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
and I must travel if I can.

Pursuing it with eager feet
until it joins some longer way.
Where many paths and errands meet -
And whither then? I cannot say.

~Tolkien, FotR.

No comments: