Saturday, January 21, 2012

Adventures of a Painter

Who could imagine that such a tiny room would be so much trouble to paint? Two weeks just to do two coats of paint...

All right, in all fairness, I had to clean the room, mud the holes, sand the mud, prime the mud, paint the ceiling, tape down all the trim, and THEN put on two coats of paint... in two different colors (red on two walls, cream on the other two). Plus I had an neck injury and three days of severe nausea from paint fumes. So maybe two weeks isn't that bad. 

What on earth am I talking about? Well since my health is giving me no option but to stay at my parents house for the time being, they have graciously given me permission to move to the downstairs bedroom. It's smaller than my current one, but I get some space outside the room in the family room, so in the end it'll be worth it. Plus I'll be more out of the way (my current room is in the middle of all the house traffic), and I'll be able to watch stuff after 10:00 at night without waking anyone up. Hurrah! 

It's been a long year, and I'm definitely not at the place where I was expecting to be 12 months ago... but we're making the best of it. Being able to put vivid red paint on some walls helps a lot... ;)

No comments: