Thursday, August 18, 2011

Of School and Fears and YOU, my awesome readers

I like Professors.

Maybe I'm just lucky in that I've always had pretty good ones. Or maybe homeschooling just trained me up to really appreciate adult conversation (as well as peer socialization, of course). I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I met with nearly all of my professors this week to discuss accommodations for my hearing loss in their classes. I was delighted to find that they are all pretty cool and nice and I'm excited to have a chance to learn from them.

At the same time I'm a little nervous about being back in school and the sheer time commitment of that... will I have time to sew? To write? To draw? To be with friends? These are things that are integral to who I am and without them I sort of become a walking shell of myself.

I don't usually ask for prayers on this blog, but... if you remember, if you could pray that God will be with me as I move forwards on this new adventure, that would mean so much to me.

Thank you all for continuing to be such faithful and delightful readers. I appreciate your time, comments, poll answers and even checking of the little boxes beneath the posts so much. It helps me remember I'm not just talking to a void, I'm talking to YOU! And your presence shows that what I have to say is interesting and instructive and I can actually serve, entertain and teach others through this blog.

So again, Thank You.

7 comments:

Isaac said...

Looks like an exciting year! That's awesome. Will be praying too, of course.
You're lucky to have as many blog followers as you do! shutupandwatchthemovie gets a lot of views, but few comments.

marygrace said...

Elena, my prayers will be with you! :)

Morgan said...

You're blog is fantastic! I love your posts; they're either fascinating, hilarious, or inspiring- usually a little of all three. I don't like picking favorites, but let's just say I tend to look for your name on my updates :P.

I hope you have a great year! It sounds like you're off to a good start :)

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

You guys are too awesome. :) Thank you so much for all the kind words!!!

Emily Starr said...

I'll be praying for you, Elena!

Grace K. said...

Praying for you, sweet Elena! I know you have a wonderful time and delight your professors with your passion and hard work. :) May you have a wonderful first semester!

Victoria said...

I'll certainly say a prayer for you! Good luck! :)