Saturday, August 6, 2011

Things that make the new life official

- Getting asked directions by campus visitors. It's strange to think that they had no idea I'd only been here a week... I had a double take before I could collect my thoughts and point them in the right direction.

- Trying every first... blender, vacuum cleaner, tea kettle, toaster, stove...

- Doing the first load of laundry. It costs $1.25 to wash and dry a load... but the dryer only gets it mostly dry, not all dry. So it really will probably end up being $1.50 per load.

- Making a cup of coffee and sitting down to do my first writing in my apartment... I got two pages done!

- Going shopping and getting asked my address by store clerks... and giving them my new address!

- Actually returning an item to the library.

- Cleaning the apartment for the first time. (I've been here long enough to clean it!)

- Finally meeting one of my next door neighbors.

- Taking the bus around town, successfully transfering and not missing a single connection.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I am soooo jealous. Now I want my own apartment. :p