Thursday, August 4, 2011

Move in Madness

Wow... HI! It's been a week since I've been able to post... moving does that!

Yes, I said moving! After months and months of planning and packing and preparing --- I'm here at college in my adorable new apartment! It's been a ton of work these past few days. We had so much furniture to move and the books and then shopping for food and more little things we realized I needed after I got up here...

Plus, you know, orientation and getting to know a new city and new doctors and new school... and new libraries! Yesterday we went grocery shopping and lo and behold but what do we see near the grocery store but the public library! So now I can check out books both at my university and the local library system. I'm pretty psyched.

God has really been present here. Yesterday we had so many meetings that were pretty miraculous in their timing and set-up. I love the city, I love the people... everyone is so friendly! I love friendly people. :)

My campus is extremely pretty. Last time I was here was in the winter so I didn't realize how many trees and flowers there would be! I have a lovely view of a little hill covered in trees. It's great.

The college staff is excellent. Everyone is kind and willing to help... my building custodian is like a kindly old uncle who takes a real interest in making sure all of us college kids are settled in and happy.

And yes, I do have pictures to show you! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get them uploaded.

Thank you so much for your patience! (and for those of you watching Confessions of a Seamstress --- there will be plenty of awesome projects coming soon!)

3 comments:

Mary said...

What college are you attending? (Maybe I am just dull as dirt and didn't notice if you're already mentioned it) :P

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Hey Mary! Nope, you're not dull as dirt! I haven't mentioned the name for privacy reasons. ;)

Victoria said...

I'm glad things are going well for you at college so far. It's always nice to start things off on a good note. =)
Congratulations, and good luck!