Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Most Powerful/Popular TV Show

This week three major TV shows wrapped up - one for the season, two forever.

They are of course:

LOST

24

and American Idol.

Now I'm not a big TV person. I can list my favorite shows on one hand - Firefly, Doctor Who, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars and Pushing Daisies. (That's not counting any of the X-Men shows, of course).

However I have a family that watches TV (which means I've seen parts of "24" and "American Idol"), and friends who post about their favorite shows on Facebook (LOST LOST LOST). Plus of course I keep my eye on the headlines of entertainment and pop culture. Over the past decade all three of these shows have come up again... and again... and again.

So I'm curious. Which of these three shows has had the most impact on YOUR life? It could be that you're a diehard fan who faithfully watched every single episode of "24." Or maybe you went out for an "American Idol" audition. Or perhaps you've just heard about LOST so much that you're determined never to watch anything so popular.

However it's affected your life, I'd like to know which one affected you the most. You can see I have a lovely little poll on the side of the screen and I'd be delighted if you'd drop a vote.

You can also, of course, leave a comment and let me know any particulars of how one of these shows has crossed paths with you.

2 comments:

Andy Hauge said...

I seem to have LOSTians (LOSTites? Islanders?) all around me, along with those who strongly dislike the show. I think that's the one I've run into the most.

*goes back and hugs Firefly*

Unknown said...

Hmm, I'd have to say American Idol. I've heard of Lost - no idea what it's about - and I've never heard of 24.
I've never actually seen an American Idol, but American Idol's the show that got Carrie Underwood out into the public! ^_^ Go Carrie!