Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vintage Hats

Last year my great-grandmother passed away, and this year my great-grandfather went into the nursing home. Consequently my great-aunts have been starting to go through the house and sort out all the years of collected belongings.

Somewhere amid the many shelves they found these darling (and very high quality) hats from the 60's or possibly 50's. They immediately thought of me and convinced my mother to bring them over. I was enchanted!

Not only are the hats cute (I'm absolutely in love with the velvet ones) and well made, but they are also of course of great sentimental value.





1 comment:

RED~Scribe said...

Ooooh! I love hats! Too bad people just won't wear hats very often anymore -- unless it's at a gathering with royalty or at a very prestigious horse race.