Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tweet Length Book Reviews, as modeled by Amanda

I read far more than I could ever review on this blog. I've tried to think of a way for awhile to better cover all of these titles than just... well... not doing anything. Today Amanda put up her link-up post for "a Modern Mrs. Darcy"'s Tweet Length Book Reviews. I'm intrigued enough to give it a try... let me know how it works for you and if you'd like me to do this on a regular basis!


Brilliant sequel to “Gone With the Wind” takes Scarlett across the ocean to discover her roots and the meaning of selfless love in turbulent Ireland. #AdultReading #Historical Fiction


What is the price of a fairy tale when the hero messes up? Hermes and Raphaela find out in this heartwrenching but beautiful modern-retelling. #AdultReading #FairyTaleNovels #Cute Babies


Sometimes you just have to wait for love, but when Rose Brier falls into a coma, Fish wonders if he’ll ever be able to wake her up. #MyFavoriteBookEver #SleepingBeautyRetold


What if Anne Boleyn had had a son? Explores a “what-if” Tudor Court in the 1550’s. Surprisingly well done, captivating characters. #Historical Fiction #Romance #SaysATudorNerd

So what do you think? I found the short synopsises on Amanda's blog intriguing enough to request three of the titles from the library, and since I know Amanda has good taste, I don't need much more of a recommendation. If you agree, let me know and I'll keep writing these! (also, let me know if you'd like them once or twice a month.)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I think they're pretty cool, and better than nothing, but I do wish there was a *bit* more information in them. Even just one more sentence. It's enough to arouse my interest, but not enough to make me pick up the book. Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely fun! It spurs my interest to go up the book, and it's an easy way to glance through a list when you are browsing for a new read.