Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Sunny Update

Elenatintil here, reporting from...somewhere warm and sunny. A nice change from the below freezing temperatures and overcast skies we've been having up north. Although sunny days with below freezing temperatures always seem rather cruel to me. The sun is like a mocking finger, pointed at our shivering misery...

Anyhow. It's spring break and I've been walking down on the beach and soaking up sun in an effort to get my health back together so I can get moving on the next leg of SOTB. So it's rather more than a vacation, lest any of you are envious.

Other vacation notables...

I got up at eight yesterday to go swimming down at the pool. With my ill health and time changes and time zones, that's a good six hours earlier than I've gotten up for several months. And I haven't gone swimming before breakfast for years. So I was quite pleased with myself.

I've been reading a really fascinating book called "A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell. Paul Burrell was a footman to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, and then household butler and good friend to Diana, Princess of Wales. So far (and I'm over halfway) I'm finding it an intriguing read, that tells the story very straightforwards in a sensitive and compassionate manner.

On what most of you will find a much less positive note, I watched "The Da Vinci Code" last night. There's absolutely no need for me to comment on the hogwash of the premise, all I need say is that it was an entertaining if somewhat blasphemous film. For the record, we didn't rent it. We borrowed it from the library.

And then again on the positive, tonight our family enjoyed the film "Sahara" which was a delightful adventure story with plenty of laughs. I was pleasantly surprised by the twistings of the plot and am interested to pick up some of Cussler's novels, of which my father has long been a fan.

And lastly I got a solid...oh, two hours, I'd say, of writing in. It was rather frustrating because I was reworking a chapter that had been causing me a lot of trouble. But I think I got it into a form that will let me move onwards.

And that's all for now, folks. Goodnight and God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun!! I love writing, but rarely get two hours of it :)But, Ëa!
Namarie, bado go Eru!
Ëarwen