Saturday, September 19, 2009

Of Fall and Mafia and Daisies...

Fall is in the air. Although the summer temperatures continue to cling stubbornly, the leaves are spiting them by turning color anyhow. It is truly glorious outside!

We celebrated my dear friend (who writes as Froggy or Ella)'s birthday last night by dressing up in 50's clothes and doing fun things like playing Mafia. I do love being a Mafia narrarator. Watching "Pushing Daisies" has given me a whole new host of ideas for macabre deaths. ;)

Speaking of which, "Pushing Daisies" is a fun show. A mock crime show with sort of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" tone and "Penelope" colors. It's about a pie maker named Ned who can bring dead people back to life with a touch of his finger and with another touch drop them dead again. But if he doesn't touch them again in one minute, something of equal "life force" must die in their place...

It's funny, weird, quirky, morbid and odd. If that appeals to you, check it out. I'd say it's rated PG-13 for some innuendo, but I find it treated in such a way that makes it less offensive than most shows.

Actually, its interesting, because I went photographing with a friend today and we took some pictures in this little country cemetary and actually found a daisy growing over a grave...

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love Pushing Daisies!

Carmie said...

Mafia? I have never heard of such a game! Is it fun?

Matthew Bowman said...

It's amusing. I managed to give everyone the giggles the first time I did one.