Sunday, November 29, 2009
A bit of seamstress-ing
Yesterday I splurged at JoAnn Fabrics, and today I set to work to make the first of my intended projects. I used Butterick B5390 and did a bit of trimming at the sides to make it more flattering. The sleeves got a little too puffy on the top, and I'm not terribly sold on that. I'll see whether washing brings the volume down, or otherwise I'll have to do a little tinkering with it.
It's not intended to be a really fancy top (despite the lace trim) but rather something comfy (read - looser) that I can do work in when I don't want to wear a t-shirt.