Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The investment of TIME

Word to the wise. Don't start managing a magazine unless your heart and soul are fully in it. Because otherwise the amount of time it takes to put out a decent product will destroy you. Well, unless you're getting paid. Then it's just a job and the time invested is worth it.

I love doing I&F, but boy, I can't wait until we can make it into a paying venture. The time I put into it is insane sometimes.

Of course, I have a habit for being insane about time investments. I've estimated that by the time I'm done with SOTB, I will have put at least 600 hours into that. Talk about insanity.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! 600 hours? I am one of the people who goes into things head first and spend so much time working on it that eventually I get tired of it and just want to quit.

Keep doing your magazine!

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Hydra said...

Thank you so much for doing I&F! It's a really beautiful magazine (in more ways than one) and I really appreciate the time you spend on it.

~Hydra
From Books to Movies and Back Again
hydrabooksandmovies.blogspot.com