Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SOTB Movie, "Morning Gift" and Hummus

May I heartily encourage you all never to film at four different locations in one day? Sometimes it is simply necessary, but it will result in complete and utter mental and physical collapse by the end of the day.

Yes, we did film at four different locations yesterday and it was absolutely crazy. But it went well because we were only working with two actresses, and most of their scenes were solo scenes. Solo or duo scenes go so much faster than trio or group scenes. If I ever direct another film I think I'll have to make sure it never features more than two people in a scene...

Monday night I stayed up late finishing "The Morning Gift" by Eva Ibbotson. It is about a Viennese Jewess and a British Professor who enter a marriage of convenience to save her life at the beginning of WWII. They plan to divorce upon their arrival in England, but... well...

It was a beautiful and well-written story that I simply couldn't put down. There was enough mentions of adult content (though nothing descriptive) that I don't feel I could write a review for my readers here... but oh, if you're in the 18+ crowd I highly recommend this book!

I am currently in love with Kalamata Olive Hummus. It is the yummiest spread ever and goes great with crackers but fantastically with corn chips. I've found that the best kind comes from Trader Joe's - you might be able to find a good kind somewhere else, but don't decide you hate it until you can eat Trader Joe's. What's really phenomenal about this is that olives are among the very few foods that I don't really like. So the the fact that I do actually adore this hummus despite the olives says a lot in its favor.


No comments: