Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Favorite Foods - Tortellini Salad

We had pesto tortellini in the fridge and I happen to adore good tortellini so I decided to experiment. I vowed that if the result was tasty, I would share it.

Since I'm writing this, you can deduce the answer for yourself.

Tortellini Salad

(1 serving, multiply as desired)

Pesto Tortellini (I used about 10)
Mozzarella cheese (perhaps a 1/4 cup)
Olive oil (1-2 tablespoons)
Small tomato (or three cherry tomatoes)

Cook the Tortellini according to the directions on the package. Layer half of the mozzarella in the bottom of a bowl. Strain Tortellini and lay on top, so that the heat can melt the cheese. Drizzle the olive oil over the noodles, then add the rest of the cheese. Cut the tomato into small pieces (eliminating the soft centers and seeds if desired) and sprinkled on top. Toss and enjoy! :)

(For the record, it was absolutely fantastic!)

1 comment:

RED~Scribe said...

That does sound amazing. My favorite pasta is pesto gnocchi, espeically if bought at a true Italian store.