Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I bought an orange jump-rope.

Yes, folks, I am the proud owner of an orange plastic jump-rope. Despite the fact that orange is one of my least favorite colors (just above puke green and magenta) and the other fact that I don't jump-rope, I nonetheless just purchased one. Why?

Blame it on Claire's. Yes. The teen jewelry store. Did you know that they also sell jump-ropes? Well now you do. Count it as your Important Fact of the Day.

Every now and then Claire's will have a sale on their clearance where you can get 10 things for $10 bucks. My sister and I happened to stop into one of the stores on Monday and - low and behold! - it was a 10 for $10 sale. I couldn't resist. My sister got four things and I got six.

The selection wasn't amazing. I mean, the first three things were easy. Cute hair clips! But the necklaces were not included in the 10 for $10 (grrr) and I can't wear earrings. So I had to look for other things. Namely more hair stuff. But you can only own so many jeweled bobby pins.

And then I found the jump-rope. It was cool and sparkly and bright and had this cool twist to it... and I thought "now that is SHINY! and it's only $1! and you never know when I might need a jump-rope..."

So, my readers, I put that jump-rope into my basket and my sister was completely befuddled as to why it was there...

But you never know when you might need a jump-rope. So now if I have to tie up a burglar or just burn a lot of calories really fast, I'm all set.

Me and my orange jump-rope.

1 comment: