Monday, November 21, 2011

Hunger Games Trailer

Have you seen "The Hunger Games" trailer?

I have to say, it really doesn't matter whether you are a fan or not. This is one trailer you really do not want to miss.

Sadly, I didn't watch it the moment it came online. I waited. A few days even. And then I finally 'found the time' to look at it. And kicked myself furiously for not watching it sooner.

You see, it's rare that I see a trailer for a movie adaptation of a beloved book that so completely captures the story. And I don't just mean plot and lines, I mean casting and locations, and tempo and costumes. Oh my. Even the costumes were fantastic. Every single frame felt like it really was the book come to life.

Of course, a horrible movie can still be proceeded by a fantastic trailer... but I'd say right now the odds are that we're going to get a pretty fantastic film come March.

So go watch it. Even if you're not a fan. Fall in love with the story all over again. Read the books if you haven't. "The Hunger Games" as a movie is set to be just as fascinating and moving as the book.

2 comments:

Matthew Bowman said...

You post this without a link to the trailer? Shame on you. :)

And I'm never going to read the books. Ever. Present tense makes my brain hurt.

Mary said...

I saw the trailer, and while I didn't love everything about the books (esp the last two) I have to say, I am VERY excited for this movie. I want to read the first book again (which was the best of the series in my opinion.)