Monday, June 25, 2012

Stress and sick and forgiveness

One thing about bad health is that you learn just how many things in life affect you. Seriously, there are a lot of things that can make me sick.

So I'm coming to terms with is how emotion effects me. And not just mine, I can internalize the emotions of others as well. So I have to be careful about feelings, and holding on to negative ones. I guess there's a good reason why God tells us not to let the sun go down on our anger, huh? It's not just about relationship health, it's about physical health too!

A problem is that I get very protective of other people. Maybe I can release a grudge of my own okay, but if someone else is affected, that's generally harder. Maybe because I feel like it's more justified to be angry on someone else's behalf? I don't know. So I'm having to work harder at that.

Don't worry, I am doing better. But 'doing better' for me is still far from perfect and getting sick can still lay me out for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anastasia Miles said...

I'm sorry. :( If it helps, I always like to think of it this way: If someone were to take away everything you had from you (food, clothes, health, even your life), guess who has more power? You. Because they can not take anything more away, but you can take a whole lot more from them. And I also think God has meanly round-about ways of telling us that. Good health to you; it's no fun being sick......I know!