Friday, June 6, 2008

Little Women is here...

"Four sisters keep hope alive in the uncertain days of the American Civil War."

The adventures of the four March sisters begin on Christmas, 1862, when they befriend their next door neighbor, mischievous Theodore Laurence. Theatrical presentations, snowball fights, and culinary battles are all in a days work for the youngsters. However, set against the backdrop of the American Civil War, it doesn’t take long for love, death and heartbreak to turn the “little girls” into “Little Women.”

Based on the classic novel by Louisa May Alcott, Northern Lights Productions presents the story of proper Meg, quiet Beth, “elegant” Amy, and the feisty, aspiring author, Jo. Produced entirely by teens, it is a heartwarming story that the whole family can enjoy.


It's here. After two and a half years of toil, laughter and tears, our third feature length presentation has been released to DVD. With a runtime of just over 50 minutes, it includes director's commentary and a short but hilarious blooper reel.

When I first visited the house that was to become the home of the March family, I never dreamed that two years later I would be speaking (in a formal gown!) at the premiere of the film. And I would never have dreamed that it would take a full nine months after that for the DVD to be released!

But it's finally here. I think it's been well worth the wait.

(Note to friends- I've made it my policy not to put faces on my blog, but the ones in this picture are so small, old and blurry that I've made an exception for this post.)

4 comments:

Delaney said...

YES! :D Can I order it yet? Will I be able to, I mean?

Rose Marchen said...

Wow! You made your own movie! Is there anyway we can see it?
Or shall we have to languish in wondering what it would be like to see it...

Elenatintil said...

Yes, you may order a copy if you wish!

Otherwise, we could wait a bit and see whether this FT get-together ends up working out. Then I could just bring copies and you wouldn't have to pay shipping...

Anyhow, the DVD is $10. (We debated the price long and hard. $5 would have been too little, $15 too much, and anything in between would have required us all carrying around a million $1 bills. Plus we do need to recoup some of the $$$ we put into the production. Us three producers paid for pretty much everything ourselves)

Rose Marchen said...

Yay! Where do I order big sis? Since I can't go to the fan get together... =(