What happens is three actors are chosen to go on the "stage." The audience then picks a scenario, and a character for each actor. Sometimes they also will take some or all of the actors aside and give them a secret. Then the word "action" is called out and the actors improv the scenario until the audience calls the end - usually when they're dying laughing.
Examples of some Scenarios from our last party:
- A Vogue reporter, a frat boy and a washed out rock star at a snowed in airport in New Finland. (The rock star is actually a terrorist)
- A director, an assistant, and an understudy who is supposed to replace the recently dead star of the play.
- A principal, a mother and a daughter in the Principal's office. The daughter is trying to get expelled and the Principal is secretly in love with the mother.
- A psychiatric ward at a hospital. Only one person (the suicidal guy) knows where they actually are. The girl thinks the suicidal guy is actually Edward Cullen, and the little boy thinks he's in a Halo game.
- Three washouts from the army at a train station. One has command issues (tried to order around the sargents), one is an idiot, and one is homesick.