Thursday, May 22, 2014

Back to skirts this summer

Twice a year I go through my wardrobe and switch summer/spring and fall/winter clothes. I figure out what I wear/don't wear and if anything needs to be altered/dyed. Since I live in Minnesota, these seasonal switches usually happen in May and September, depending on how behind I am on everything else. Right now I am behind, but yesterday I had to cave because -

- because I was trying to find a pair of jeans that fit and they were all too small.

Stupid working out and gaining muscles and stuff.

So then of course I had to figure out if any of my shorts fit (they don't) and get out proper summer skirts and pack up the winter ones.

The good news is it IS the season for skirts, and all of my exercise wear is stretchy so that all fits. I can probably get by until fall, and who knows, maybe stuff will shift around and I'll be able to fit back into my old jeans...

This is good though. It's a sign. I went through a couple years of being borderline underweight because of all of my health issues. To be not just a healthy weight but actually gaining muscle is HUGE. And thankfully all of my jeans were either a) old, b) purchased on sale/thrift stores, or c) hand me downs, so it's not like I spent a fortune on them. And I can always sew some skirts/shorts to get me through the summer.

No comments: