Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beauty and the Beast- Progress continues

I actually made it outside for a bit tonight and got to watch over half of "Be Our Guest." It is looking very nice! Kudos to our young choreographer who is doing a fabulous job with our large cast and in spite the mosquitos...

Meanwhile costuming continues inside. Lots of little things- straps here, glue there, iron this, tack that. But there are some bigger things too- today I played around with the fur for the Beast's hands. I think the end result is going to be pretty good.

My biggest limitation (other than time and budget) is heat. It is the middle of the summer, after all, and I am seriously concerned about some of our actors overheating. Some of them (such as Cogsworth, Monseiur D'Arque and the Beast) just have so many layers to their costumes. I think at this point I'm almost more concerned about that than about getting everything done!

But the pieces are coming together. We've been able to borrow a lot for which I am immensely grateful. When you see the pictures of the final cast, you'll understand.

Speaking of pictures, I don't know if I'll have time to take any until next week, but stay tuned because you never know. They'll be very cool when they do end up coming...

No comments: