Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow Forts and Ginger

Remember all that snow I mentioned a week ago? Well it keeps piling up. Yesterday I decided enough was enough, and we needed to put all this white stuff to good use. So my sister and I called up a couple friends and we had a grand old time of shoveling and sculpting snow today.

Spraying color


Snow Graffiti


A Feline Intruder


Looking up


For a bit of extra fun, we mixed food coloring with water and loaded it into spray bottles.




It's always good to spend some time being creative and active in the fresh air.

___________________

Now about that ginger...

Normally I drink a lot of peppermint tea. I have stomach troubles and need all the calming help I can get. However my current issues need ginger, not peppermint, so I had to devise a way to get a lot of ginger into me first thing in the morning.

Turns out it's not hard to make ginger tea. All you have to do is grate fresh ginger, stick it in a tea bag and steep in hot water. I add a bit of lemon flavored stevia to make it truly delicious.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love your snow fort! It reminds me of when I was a little kid and everybody in the neighborhood would band together to make one, and then we would throw snowballs at each other from across the street, and sometimes play double-agents...

It's embarrassing that I haven't played in the snow yet this year. I'll have to get my techno-addict brothers off of their game systems to build with me sometime! Thanks for the inspiration :)

I have tried making tea with spices. Not ginger yet, though; I don't particularly like the taste. When I have a sore throat I like to put a teaspoon of rosemary in some hot water. I read somewhere it's good for that. Then I strain it out, let it cool, and drink it in a glass. If anybody asks, it's my magic green potion. So, tea is pretty fun.

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Ginger on it's own is pretty strong, I'll grant you that. That's why I add the lemon and sweetner. Does wonders!