Wednesday, May 18, 2011

American Girl Nostalgia

I'll never forget the birthday I pulled away the wrapping paper from a long white box and first met my Kirsten doll. It was the beginning of a long and wonderful friendship with the American Girl Company. Over the years I received four dolls, subscribed to the magazine, joined the girls club, bought most of the paperdolls, craft books and dramas, participated in one Kirsten play, and read all (and owned most) of the novels.

Yesterday a friend linked to a wonderful article that was full of wonderful memories and nostalgia. The comments below it in particular were eyeopening into just how widespread the love of American Girl was (and still is).


What Your American Girl Doll Says About the Rest of Your Life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a neat article and I'm surprised at how true the Kirsten description is for me.

Sarah R. said...

I got Kirsten as my doll too! My sister got the Samantha doll. Before we got the big dolls we had the miniature versions as compensation. I think we had the paper dolls too and some accessories, the magazine, and many of the books. Those were great days playing dolls with my sister and friends.

Maggie D said...

Hilarious! I did kind of get Felicity because no one else had her, and I do fit the description of owners of Felicity very well... lol...