Friday, March 18, 2011

Blue Tailcoat - Part 4 (Complete!)

Aren't the sleeves cool? I really love how they turned out!

Putting the collar in... believe it or not, collars have always scared me to death. Turns out they're absurdly simple and nothing to be afraid of.
Almost done...
Marking the buttonholes. Buttonholes are another thing I used to be afraid of. These, however, I did in about 15 minutes. Hurrah for machines with buttonhole functions!
Shipped it off to my client, and he presented me with some pictures of the finished product!

I think it turned out fantastic! It was so fun to work on a project like this and get to do fun little details like the sleeve buttons and the piping.

I also love that it fit perfectly. Patterns can be notorious for not fitting properly, but from the pictures it looks wonderful!
Want to commission your own costume? Simply send me an e-mail at elenatintil [at] gmail[dot] com and describe your vision and I'll give you a price quote on the project.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, this is POSITIVELY gorgeous! I love it!

Unknown said...

It turned out splendidly!!

Victoria Rose said...

Thanks so much for doing this for, Dan! He was so happy and it looked awesome! Bravo, Elena!

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Thank you Vicki! It was a fun project, and I think I owe YOU a thanks because I'm pretty sure you were the one who recommended me for the job... ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I remember my daddy he is always wearing tailcoat and every time he go in especial occasion his look more elegant