Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Farewell, Elizabeth Taylor

This morning we mourned the passing of one of Hollywood's greatest stars - Elizabeth Taylor.

Taylor was classic, beautiful, talented, and dedicated to humanitarian causes despite personal health and romantic troubles (including her famous 8 marriages).

I first saw her in "National Velvet" ages ago, but my first memories come from seeing her play Amy March in "Little Women."

My favorite roles, however, are her portrayals of Maggie the Cat in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (with Paul Newman) and Katherina in "The Taming of the Shrew" (with Richard Burton).

What are your favorite Liz memories? When did you first see her? How many of her movies have you seen?

(For a refresher, check out the Elizabeth Taylor IMDB page to see a complete list of her roles)


2 comments:

Maggie D said...

The Taming of the Shrew was hilarious! Though a bit painful to watch at points, with all the quarrels and such.

Adela said...

The first movie I recall seeing her in was National Velvet.

I liked her best in "Father of the Bride." It's so sweet. I also remember liking her in "A Date with Judy." She had some amusing lines like: "I never did see eye to eye with Shakespeare."