Thursday, October 16, 2008

Snapshots of Random Beauty: October '08

We are often too busy to stop and look at the world around us, and notice the beauty of the colors, shapes and patterns that form the changing seasons. I'm implementing a new feature on this blog to draw attention to this deficit....to be called, "Snapshots of Random Beauty"
Looking through the wire
A humble surface
Forgotten fruits
Still in bloom
Berries and Leaves
Two roads diverging in a yellow wood. ;)
Crimson set apart.
A Tree of Gold
Sunshine.
Dreamy afternoon
Wisps and mists
The details and the larger picture.
Shadows and colors
a break in the wall
A rainbow of colors
Pumpkins in the leaves
Autumn in the backyard
Purple still flowers
A Cat's eye view

5 comments:

miss whimsy said...

Wow, that's amazing. Did you take all of these yourself?

Elenatintil said...

Thank you! Yes, I did. I'm not nearly as good as my brother, though!

Rose Marchen said...

Beautiful scenery! I envy you. I would be taking lots and lots of photos but... well, dry cornfields aren't much to look at. And no trees on our property either. *sighs* Well, not unless you count evergreens, and those don't turn pretty colors.

So it was very nice to come to your blog and be reminded that it is fall... out there... somewhere...

Elenatintil said...

Merilwen- I'm glad my photos were refreshing!

And I do pity you....no trees on your property???? You must plant some!!!

Although, interestingly enough, my brother can take pictures of cornfields at any time of the year, even dry corn stalks, and they look amazingly artistic.

Rose Marchen said...

I suppose you could take good photos... but when you've been looking at them since May... one isn't too inspired. If you have any of your brother's pictures though, I would be interested in seeing them!


*sigh* Yes, no trees. Just evergreens (and not to many of those either). We do have four non-evergreens, but those are very small, and the leaves don't turn colors! I suppose they would if they could, but then wind around here doesn't give them a chance. =(

But there should be nice pretty trees at the farm we are going to for Civil War Days today, so maybe I'll take some pictures there!