Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shoes and ships and sealing wax....

...and candlesticks and kings.

They quote that in Anne of Green Gables all the time. Rather fun to say...or type...

Four days without a post...why does that make me feel like a failure? Hmmm....perhaps because it makes me happy when other people update their blogs regularily. I'm obsessed with checking all of my friends blogs every day...or almost every day...

We had a very long drama practice today. I am directing the drama for the children's musical at our church, and we only have four practices left, so I'm getting rather nervous. The kids are doing fine...but not fine enough for a director's sanity, if you know what I mean! Plus one of our main actresses broke her ankle, so we have to work with that. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

However, I'm having a simply splendid time creating Susan's Purple dress for Prince Caspian. I've been photo-documenting the whole process, so I hope to write up a detailed post later! It's mostly for the benefit of my fellow Narniaweb costumers, but hopefully the rest of you will be impressed by the amount of work that goes into costuming.

Actually, it's been quite interesting. I think my year of working as an alterations assistant has taught me a lot about patience in sewing. Or maybe it's just because cotton fabric is so much nicer than anything else I've worked with...and I rarely use it....

Then my dear friend RJ (Maantikvah) got me hooked on Gilmore Girls. Who knows how much of my time that is going to swallow up? I've been delightfully surprised with the first season so far...very entertaining. (For those of you who don't know me well, I rarely watch TV shows.)

And finally I've been re-reading a great favorite of mine- "Christy" by Cathering Marshall. As soon as I'm done with the book and in a slightly more alert mood, I'll write up a long interesting post about it...although I find that sometimes I write some great stuff when I'm not quite alert...perhaps I'll give it a try now....

No comments: