Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Falling into LOST...

Only two days left on the poll. Have you all voted? I'm quite intrigued to see that so few of you have been affected by 24 and JACK BAUER. Hmm...

Since starting the poll, I finally sat down and did what I've been waiting to do for six years.

I started watching LOST.

Let me explain. When the show first premiered, I was very interested in the premise and really wanted to see it. However I lived in a house where we rarely watched TV and I never watched any by myself. If my parents weren't interested... well, I wasn't going to see it.

Years went by and I started delving into the joys of finished shows in complete boxed sets. I made friends with characters such as Lorelai Gilmore, Veronica Mars, Malcolm Reynolds and THE DOCTOR. TV shows are awesome! The charectarization, the plots that span months or years, the in jokes, the acting... wow! There are a lot of treasures to be found.

However when I researched LOST, I found a lot of supernatural/mythological/fantastical elements that worried me a bit. So I made the decision to wait until the show finished and the last episode "revealed" the cause. I wasn't going to get hooked on a show that would end in a way that would upset or disturb me.

Then, two weeks ago, LOST ended. I read some reviews of the final episode and realized... "hey! I can watch it now!"

So I did. And I was blown away.

LOST is beautiful, tragic, hilarious, full of philosophical questions and absolutely amazing characters. It's waring with Firefly for the top spot on my list of favorite shows, and I have a feeling it's going to win.

3 comments:

Andy Hauge said...

Though you have to admit, since Firefly had far fewer episodes to do it with, it's a far more impressive series. ;)

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Watch the first 16 episodes of LOST (Firefly series + Serenity in length) and tell me if you don't think it compares. *nods*

Victoria Rose said...

Elena,

Could you possibly do a post on what LOST actually is? Because although I have heard of it over and over again, I am clueless at what the plot is.

Just that I'd comment that I for one have never heard of 24 previous to you mentioning it.

~Vicki