Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Importance of...

Lady Bracknell: My nephew, you seem to be displaying signs of triviality.

Jack: On the contrary, Aunt Augusta, I've not realized for the first time in my life the vital Importance of Being Earnest
.


Today started off with planning... lots of planning, and evil scheming. I'm organizing a mystery game for later this week, and Paul, Laura and I are pulling together a Narnia scavenger hunt. We had a marvelous time playing around with characters and maps and clues.

Then, this afternoon, Paul and I trekked down to Anna and Ben's house so that I could borrow Anna's sewing machine and finish altering a regency gown for one of the girls. We're having a Regency Ball on Saturday night which should be an absolute blast. (Yours truly is playing Elizabeth Bennet. What could be better?)

After the lovely but extremely warm walk, I took the babies for a swim in the pond, which was great until I caught a fish nibbling on my pinkie. Not exactly a pleasant experience, though I suppose I can now write about it much more accurately. I'm going to have to think twice before going in the pond again, though I suspect when there are more of us splashing about the fishies will stay further away.

This evening our friends Jason and Alicia came over and we held a practice for the staged reading of "The Importance of Being Earnest" which we will be performing on Thursday night. We had an absolute blast reading through it and I think our audience will be in for a treat.

Gwendolyn: It has always been my ideal to love some one of the name of Ernest. There is something in that name that inspires absolute confidence. The moment Algernon first mentioned to me that he had a friend called Ernest, I knew I was destined to love you.

No comments: