Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Story of the Super Special Favorite Water Bottle

This, dear readers, is my beautiful new water bottle.

For years I lived in terror of getting my head bitten off by an irate family member while innocently grabbing whatever vessel happened to be on the top of the water bottle basket. Instead of snatching up the lonely unclaimed bottle, I seemed to have a knack for grabbing the one that was the "super special favorite!" bottle of whichever family member happened to be in the room at the time.

Needless to say, it got old.

However, really nice water bottles tend to be expensive. And this blogger usually falls into the category of "poor - not - quite - starving - artist." Plus, even though most of them were "super special favorites," that didn't negate the fact that there were about fifteen bottles in the basket and at least two of them were "lonely unclaimed ones." So technically there were bottles I could use, I just had to dig around a bit and tread carefully.

Finally, I walked into Caribou Coffee one day and was greeted by a display sign cheerfully announcing "75% off!" I don't know about you, but when I see numbers that high it becomes nearly impossible not to snatch up the bargain. As luck would have it, there was actually a cute water bottle with a reduced price of $5.00. I needed it, the price was good...

...and I'm just waiting for some hapless family member to try taking it from me.

3 comments:

Victoria Rose said...

ROTFL! That's hilarious, Elena! Cute bottle, too. :)

Elarinya said...

That's hilarious! THat is a very nice water bottle, too! I was laughing pretty hard reading this post... ;)

Rose Marchen said...

What a gorgeous water bottle! Mine isn't that pretty... I might have to take yours...