Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Shower Snapshots

In the space of one week I was thrown two bridal showers, drove across two states and back, and celebrated Thanksgiving with Nathan's family. It was intense but so wonderful!


From the shower thrown by my aunts - me and my girls! R-L, Sister, Sister-in-law-to-be, and Sister by mutual adoption. (all bridesmaids, but only 3 of the 6!)


Tea time! Both showers were tea parties, but very very different! For shower #1, my cousin brought her mom and grandmother's teacup collections to serve everyone their tea of choice in!


So much good food, and so much of it gluten free! In heaven!


Alas, I don't have such a good picture of the food spread at shower #2, but it was also amazing! My mother-in-law (to be!) pulled together an amazing and very authentic Victorian tea. It was fantastic.


Bridal showers are usually for the ladies, but since I knew so few of Nathan's extended family, I was glad to have him around! He regaled us all with the story of how he and I met, and then helped me open gifts and helped me connected faces with names.


And now I'm back home, just in time to enjoy another snowstorm. Hopefully all this weather will blow itself out by January 17th...!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Long time reader, infrequent commenter -- been following your posts and I wanted to say that you are positively glowing in these photos. You look so happy, and I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!