Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo Begins!

It's here! It's here and we're writing!

I counted down the minutes as I made coffee, read a few chapters of "Vienna Prelude" to my sister (because I love reading aloud to her even though she's more than capable of reading herself) and puttered around my room making sure that all the lights were just right.

Less than a half hour before Midnight I realized that my iPod was out of battery. Horrors! And I hadn't set up iTunes on my new laptop and the charging wasn't working very smoothly -

I just narrowly avoided a panic.

But minutes before the clock ticked over to 12:00, I managed to get lovely music streaming through my speakers and then - joy of joys - the NaNoWriMo website WORD COUNTER finally ACTIVATED!

(I think part of me honestly thought it wouldn't happen)

I pulled open my files, glanced over the chapter and a half I had already written....then forged ahead full-steam into the tale of young Vivian Hedlund...

1 comment:

Ella said...

^_^ Good luck! I'm sure you'll do awesome, and I'm looking forward to reading it when you're done! (Maybe over Christmas break?)