Wednesday, March 2, 2011

X-Men: First Class -- Poster and Spoof!

The first two character posters for X-Men: First Class were released this weekend. And despite misgivings about other aspects of the film, I have to say the posters look pretty cool!

In honor of this release, I'd like to share with you an X-Men spoof I wrote on the plane down to Florida last week. It's basically my thoughts of what would happen if the X-Men could see the films being made about them.

Please note two things. First of all, I used the characters from the current main team(s). That means there WILL be some favorite characters missing. Secondly, I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of all the films and I plan to enjoy the next one to some degree as well. This is my attempt to translate character thoughts, not necessarily my own opinions. ;) Also, this is humor, so keep that in mind when you get to the end...

Enjoy!
-------------

The X-Men sit down to watch the trailer for X-Men: First Class. After it is over...

Silence.

Then... everyone starts talking at once.

Hank: Well, I must say the digital effects used to portray my transformation look quite excellent.

Peter: (shocked) The Professor had hair?

Emma: (stunned) A bra. They put me in a bra... do they have any idea how long it took me to design my costume? Weeks of analysis...

Bobby: Kurt, was that your mom in that one shot in the bedroom? Cuz she was hot--

Kurt: (hands over his ears) TMI! TMI!

Emma: (furious) Weeks! And all the fabric was specially ordered and then the fittings... and then they go and just pull off the first shiny thing they find on a Wal-Mart shelf and it's not even technically WHITE – I mean, hello. I am the “White Queen.”

Kitty: You know, Emma, if I were you I'd be more worried about how old they make you out to be. I mean, according to this you're at least 70 now.

Emma: I-- well –

Bobby: Wow. Emma's a cougar.

Emma: Robert Drake. Do you seriously want to spend the rest of your life drooling like a two-year-old?

Scott: (pats Emma's shoulder) It's okay, honey. I always knew you fudged the birthdate on your driver's license.

Magneto: (loudly, interupting) Well, I can't complain. It looks like they finally managed to cast a proper actor in my role this time.

Rogue: I don't know, Erik, seeing you without white hair is almost as weird as seeing the Professor WITH hair...

Bobby: What I want to know is why Scott's kid brother joins the team before I do. I mean, he's totally stealing my spot of coolest member on the team!

Jubilee: Humph. You're complaining! At least you got LINES in the first three films! I got a freakin' cameo.

Wolverine: Could be worse, darlin'. They made Scott even more of a prissy prep poster boy. Not that that's hard to do –

Scott: Watch it!

Rogue: And Ah was made over into a wimpy pushover.

Gambit: Oui. And dey made me twenty years older den ma cherie. Not ta mention what dey did ta my accent...

Kitty: You're telling me! They hooked me up with Bobby! No offense to you, Bobby, but how could they think I'd fall for anyone other than Peter?

Peter: Thank you, Katya.

Gambit: I t'ink dey just know our sizzlin' love stories would steal all da glory from Wolverine.

Kurt: Ja. They should have just called the films “the Adventures of the Amazing Wolverine.”

Wolverine: Thanks bub, but no thanks. I got enough women problems without Hugh Jackman getting the title role.

Kitty: Is there any way we could stop this?

Storm: Perhaps a peaceful supplication to the studio heads to stop production?

Beast: A targeted computer virus might destroy the footage.

Wolverine: I say we trash the place.

Magneto: Only if we save the footage of sexy me.

Jubilee: Please do not ever say “sexy me” again or I will suck your blood for breakfast.

Scott: Or... we could do what the Fantastic Four did. Let the movies create such a false picture of us that our enemies completely underestimate us.

Bobby: Wow, that's...

Emma: Actually quite brilliant darling.

Kitty: (from her computer) Uh, you might want to rethink that, Scott.

Scott: Why?

Kitty: Because I'm checking IMDB, and they say the next movie features Jubilee turning into a vampire and Robert Pattinson will be playing her love interest.

Silence.

Jubilee: Okay. We're totally trashing the place.

6 comments:

Victoria Rose said...

OMG!!!! That is totally awesome!!!!! It's kind of funny but I make up things like that in my head all the time...I just don't have the patience to write them down. :P Awesome job, m'dear!

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!

I was actually inspired by a picture someone did of some Harry Potter characters that had the same theme. I realized that it would make an excellent X-Men spoof, but would be better as a one-shot dialog than as a picture.

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! I am still giggling over the sexy me bit! Oh and the last few lines? Genius!!

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Thanks for sharing your enjoyment with me! It makes me so happy when I bring laughter to my reader's lives! :)

Hannah Liz said...

HAHAHA!!ELENA that was GREAT!!!!!! I LOVED THAT!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!
You know I really wanted a studio to make a movie one Marchens but I think I'll just skip it now. ;)

Isaac said...

nice! Loved the part about calling the movies "The Adventures of Wolverine".