Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Good Weather is No Guarantee

Minnesotans are well used to being prepared to baby their car batteries during the winter. We don't really expect to walk outside on a mild May day and find that our car won't start. So when I approached my vehicle today and found the clicker not working to unlock the door, I wasn't unduly concerned.

But then the locks wouldn't work, and it was with a sinking heart that I inserted the key and tried to start the car. Not a sound of protest. Uh oh.

I looked at the clock. 45 minutes until I was due to be at my doctor's office. She is a stickler for time, and last minute cancellations are problematic. It'd take me 30 minutes to drive there, and I was really not sure I could find someone to give my car a jump in less than 15 minutes.

I looked at the clock again. My husband was just 10 minutes away in good traffic. Would he be able to drop what he was doing, rush over here, and get me to the other side of the cities in time to make the appointment slot?

Well he could and he did. We were even a few minutes early. I got my full appointment and some help for this month's version of my ever changing headaches. (I'm having quite the headache adventure I tell you.)

But anyhow, good weather is no guarantee of a working car, and I am so thankful that I was running early instead of late today.


No comments: