Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Thoughts at the Close of June

It's the home stretch, folks. "The Mermaid and the Unicorn" goes to the formatter on July 5th, so we are busy proofing every last page - and revising some of the combat scenes! I got an awesome combat expert to give me some great ideas and advice last weekend. Now I'm hastily revising as necessary, trying to stay ahead of my proofreading husband! We can't both work on the document at the same time, so we take turns editing and doing house stuff/playing with Mateo. I must say, while I love having Nathan so involved with my book, I do miss one-on-one time with him!

Mateo continues to do well, although we need to focus on serious training now. I did give him his first hair trim today and he did quite well! Shih Tzu's have hair, not fur, so he will need regular haircuts every month or so to keep the 'puppy cut' that is the easiest to otherwise maintain. I just ordered a pair of clippers, so we'll see how that goes!

No further flooding in our basement, which is a huge relief. Our garden has really begun producing all manner of vegetables and fruits! We've been eating lettuce, spinich and kale for weeks, but now the raspberries, cucumbers, beets and carrots are coming in, and today I saw a couple squash forming! Radishes and tomatoes are well on their way as well!

I hope to have more reviews up for y'all soon, as well as the first chapter or two of "The Mermaid and the Unicorn," but right now I need to get the book finished and the tea towel shop back up. Thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

I'm so excited for M&U! That's neat that Nathan has been working on it with you. Wow, your garden sounds amazing!! I have the complete opposite of a green thumb (every plant I try to take care of, or every garden I try to start, dies quickly)-all of that fresh food sounds delicious!