Friday, September 17, 2010

Things I've learned this week

- Never drink caffeine after 6:00 in the evening.

- "Chuck" is an amazing TV show (and not just because it has Adam Baldwin in it)

- A six inch subway is too short and a footlong is too long.

- Amanda Seyfried apparently likes doing Mediterranean movies about reuniting long lost lovers while playing opposite a Brit. (Mamma Mia vs. Letters to Juliet)

- Even if you and your assistant only have to watch three kids, you are STILL going to be tired when you're done running the nursery.

- NEVER leave for a babysitting venture without eating.

- A mini speaker (HMDX Sproket) and an ipod REALLY make the medicine go down! Clip the speaker on your belt and tuck the ipod in your pocket and you can have your favorite music following you wherever you go!

- "Into the Woods" is a brilliant musical but the songs will get stuck in your head and you'll wake up at 3:00 in the morning with "Giants in the Sky" running through the background of your consciousness.

- Digital Fashion Shows Rock

- When showing a sister "Gilmore Girls" it is OKAY to skip the Dean episodes so that you can get on to the goodness that is JESS.

- The secret to shopping at Plato's closet is to not go in with any expectations. Set your budget, go through the racks and take off anything that looks like it may have possibility, and don't be afraid to try on sixteen different things. I got five great pieces of clothing for $30 using this method.

- Though there have been three versions written of it, there still isn't a definitive retelling of "East of the Sun, West of the Moon."

- "Ice" is my preferred retelling of the above fairy-tale.

- After following Shannon Hale's blog, I hope and pray I never have to carry twins! It sounds horrible!

- You'll always find something more to revise on a novel. Sometimes you just have to be ready to say "enough is enough!"

- Scary dreams about aliens can be defeated by waking up and remember that "The Doctor" is never far behind the arrival of an alien menace on earth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Into the Woods is great! I love the song Agony, it makes me laugh so hard everytime I hear it!=)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! My friend Marissa loves the last thing about The Doctor. Me too! :D

Cor Mariae said...

"I hope I never have to carry twins!"

oww, that kinda hurt. :P In the light of being a twin myself, and loving the fact...now I kinda feel guilty. ::) ;D

really? you liked Ice better? hmmm---may hap I would too if I hadn't read S&M, I&S first and then picked up Ice expecting it to be similar. :P ;D