Monday, May 16, 2011

Wedding adventures

So this year I'm experiencing my first time as a bridesmaid. Well, first and second but they are happening kind of all mixed up together. It never rains but it pours, right?

We went dress shopping for my brother's wedding last week and it was really cool. I didn't know this, but you have to make an appointment at the dress shop when you're doing a full party, and they write down all the measurements and information on everyone. Then we tried on tons and tons of dresses. And of course they didn't have our styles in the actual colors, so we had to try styles and ignore the colors of the dresses we were trying on.

Thankfully we think we did find a dress that everyone seemed pretty happy with. It's short, but not uncomfortably short, and it's got one shoulder strap and doesn't show any cleavage, so I'm quite pleased. And with a little alteration it's perfect for wearing again afterwards.

Afterwards the bride to be and her mom took us out for a lovely meal at Biaggi's. I have to say I am getting such a considerate sister! They made sure that there were gluten free options and I didn't have to worry at all about it. I even got GOOD gluten free bread which I had begun to believe didn't exist!

Weddings are work. And finding a dress/color that works for everyone can be stressful. But that doesn't mean there can't be fun and delight mixed in too. :)

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

sounds like fun!! Enjoy the wedding preparations, despite the craziness! Have an amazing time!! ~AnneMarie Hauge