Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Anglophile

Earlier this week my sister and I were at Target when I saw the Will and Kate commemorative magazines. Of course I immediately started mentally drooling over them, but knew I couldn't afford to shell out $10 for one of them.

Then, this week my sister's car broke down and she needed to borrow mine. She decided to sweeten the deal with this:

It is so awesome! It's got tons of high rez photos that show all the details of Kate's dress... and it's made on really nice stiff paper too. It's truly a collector's edition.


A magazine really is better than the internet sometimes.




But the Anglophile happiness doesn't stop there.

Two of my favorite British actors, David Tennant and Catherine Tate (Doctor Who) are currently playing the leads in my favorite Shakespearean play, "Much Ado About Nothing." Since going to see the play live is one dream that's not going to happen, I decided to buy myself the special edition of the script complete with cool cover and interviews (Oh, and it was on sale too).

Half the fun, of course, was getting a package from England. I was so delighted that I cut out the postage and taped it into my journal with other papers of note. Too much fun. :)


1 comment:

Shaylynn said...

Oooooh, so cool. :) I got autographs of Georgie Henley, Ben Barnes (Ben wrote my name!) and Skander Keynes, and kept the envolopes along with the pictures. :)