Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Painting of a TARDIS

I got crafty and creative this Christmas when it came to figuring out gifts for all of my friends and family. I really love giving the perfect gift, but this year I had next to no budget which made matters pretty difficult! Of course it helps when a recipient has a strong love for something so artistically inspiring as Doctor Who... 

I used two reference pictures in creating this piece. One was an actual space photo, which I used for the background. The other was a picture of the Tardis whizzing through space. I had to change the coloring a bit to get it to work with my background, but otherwise it was very helpful with proportions and lighting issues. 







2 comments:

Morgan said...

That's so cool, it looks fantastic! Great job :)

Elizabeth Amy Hajek said...

Thank you so much! :)