Monday, September 15, 2008

Haunted by words...

Do any of you ever find yourselves haunted by words? Sentances forming themselves in your brain that you cannot get rid of, even if it's 3:00 in the morning and you must get to bed?

I get that from time to time. My mind just starts spinning and words connect together, rearranging themselves as necessary. I'm practically dizzy with all of them, to tired to sit down and make sense out of them.

I wonder why it comes at some times and not at others. Is it because it was a day, like yesterday, when I spent a lot of time working with differant writing projects? (As you probably noticed, I posted on this blog quite a few times). Is it because I had a pile-up in my brain after all the time I've spent drawing?

I get it with pictures too. And with costume design. The ideas come and overwhelm me and I can't focus on anything else. And it's most annoying in a place where I can't do anything about it. Clothing ideas in the middle of a Church Service. A picture composition while playing with the kids I nanny. A string of words at 3:00 in the morning when I'm so tired that I can't think straight.

And it's not something that the rest of the world understands or accepts very well.

2 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

lol, yeah, I've had that too! Poems when there isn't a piece of paper or a pencil in sight. Horror! And of course, I have forgotten the best parts by the time I get my self to a place where there is a paper and pencil.

Holly said...

Yes! I know just what you are talking about. Lines of poetry. Or sometimes baking ideas, heh.