Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reflections



Water is amazing, isn't it? It can take so many forms- rain, streams, lakes, oceans, dew drops on the window...and it can do so many things: give life, take it away, bear ships across its body, provide inspiration for artists, and change the way we see the world.

I took this picture in the little stream that separates our barnyard from our forest. Actually, it's not really a stream. Technically it's a drainage ditch. You wouldn't think that a drainage ditch could produce something so beautiful, could you? And yet if I had just aimed my camera up at the sky, I never would have gotten the same colors, or twists and turns of lines. It is neither sky nor water, but a glorious, magical, mysterious meeting of the two and something else.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Magical is the indeed the word for it.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel...
It's like water has a life of it's own...
it's enchanting, really.
Praise the King for having made it!

For the King!
Ëarwen Harethgalad

Rose Marchen said...

Elena! That is amazing! I love reflection pictures! =)

Hannah Nicole said...

Beautiful.