Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How is Life?

It's August.

Does that strike anyone as funny? Do you think perhaps it should still be July? I had a dream last night that I was trying to plan a wedding and I kept thinking it was July.

Well today I had the blessing of waking up and finding out that my work was canceled for the day. Which from a financial standpoint isn't great, but from a "I'm-in-the-middle-of-performance-week" standpoint, it's wonderful. I got an extra three hours of sleep - yippee!

Performances have been going really well. Except for getting rained out of the second half on Friday night, they've gone off without a hitch. Everyone knows what they need to do and everything just falls into place.

What I love about acting is the sudden burst of energy that comes when you have an audience. You can practice a show a million times, but you'll never get it to the level that suddenly appears when you have your audience.

And for me, that's heaven. I love stepping out on stage and really performing. No longer practicing, but really telling a story for someone.

I think it all goes back to the fact that I'm a storyteller at heart. It's what I do. It's what makes me come alive.

And on that note...draft #3 of my novel is DONE! And for the first time I feel like I'm really getting to the end of the writing process on this one. When I reached the last page I thought "Wow. I'm done." And I'm not really done...but I'm getting very close. Hopefully starting the publication process is only weeks away, as opposed to months. I'll be talking to Regina Doman and her husband when I go out to their place next week and see if they have advice on the best place to start.

Oh yes! The second Fairy-Tale-Novel Get-Together is happening NEXT WEEK. I know some of you are coming...looking forwards to seeing you there!

1 comment:

Victoria Rose said...

Hey Elena, could you post pics of the play you are in?