Friday, December 26, 2014

A Very Hajek Christmas



We hope you had a Merry Christmas and are looking forwards to a bright new year!


This was our very first year as a married couple, and Nathan and I had a lot of fun decorating our apartment together. I thought I'd give you a little peek at what we did to celebrate the holidays. If you follow me on instagram you have already seen some of these, but now you get to see the uncropped versions!


Our families have blessed us with many tree ornaments over the years, so we quite covered our new tree (purchased last year in the after holiday sales). Above is the newest addition to our collection - a TARDIS from my sister-in-law.


We spent Christmas eve at my parents house, with presents and wild rice soup, Christmas morning in our apartment with Gluten Free Pancakes and thick bacon, and Christmas day out at my grandparents cabin, celebrating with my extended family.


My grandparents built the cabin on family land almost twenty years ago, so it's been part of our holiday celebrations for a long time. The kids have gotten taller and the Christmas trees have gotten smaller, but the heart of the festivities - family and a shared faith - has remained the same.


When we woke on Christmas morning, the ground was green and the air warm, but by the time we headed out to the cabin, the snow was tumbling down in large lacy flakes. By the end of the day, the grass and trees were covered in white, while the still warm tar roads remained clear. Beauty and safe driving? What a Christmas miracle!


I did not take a photo later on, but one of my cousins did get a lovely shot of the woodpile by the front door here.


Good food was enjoyed by all, followed by good conversation. Above, my husband and my grandpa.


Best part of Christmas? Getting to see both of my siblings who currently live out of state.


The Hajeks wish you a very merry holiday season and many blessings in the coming new year!

No comments: