Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Goodbye, Brian Jacques

This post is in honor of Brian Jacques, author of the much beloved "Redwall" series. He passed away this weekend after a heart attack at the age of 71.


Mr. Jacques, you taught me so much about writing, characters, imagination, and pacing. Redwall will forever be a part of my creative consciousness. Rest in Peace

One of my very first posts on this blog was about the effect of the Redwall books upon my own writing. You can read it here: http://elenatintil.blogspot.com/2008/02/mouses-influence.html

Were you a "Redwall" fan? Did Mr. Jacques influence your creativity, writing, or the way you view the world?

3 comments:

Andy Hauge said...

EULALIA!!

Krystina said...

I haven't read any Redwall in a few months, but his books have been some of the truly better children (or young peoples) book I've read.... definitely engaging and action packed! (Especially so when you think that the main characters are not humans, but animals.) I was saddened to hear he had died.

Sarah R. said...

I grew up reading Redwall books and I loved them so much I thought they were better than Harry Potter. I haven't read some of the more recent ones since they don't seem quite as fresh and original as the first ones. However, I still heartily recommend them. I love their epicness, humor, the descriptions of food, the landscapes, the rich back-story, the crazy names, the riddles, and songs. I think my favorite was the Pearls of Lutra since it was the first one I read. It is quite sad to hear that he has died, may he rest in peace.